This article provides instructions for creating a cross tab in birt-report that displays sales totals by state and product line. The cross tab uses data from the Customers, OrderDetails, and Products tables.
How to creating a cross tab in birt-report?
1. In Data Explorer, right-click Data Cubes, and choose New Data Cube.
2. On Cross Tab Cube Builder, specify the following information:
– In Name, type
– In Primary dataset, select Sales.
3. Choose Groups and Summaries.
4. In Available Fields, expand Sales. Drag STATE and drop it on (Drop a field here to create a group),
5. On Add Group, use the default group name. Choose OK.
6. Drag PRODUCTLINE from Available Fields and drop it on (Drop a field here to create a group). Use the default group name.
Cross Tab Cube Builder shows the STATE and PRODUCTLINE groups you created
7. Drag EXTENDED_PRICE from Available Fields and drop it on (Drop a field here to create a summary field).
EXTENDED_PRICE(SUM) appears under Summary Field. SUM indicates that the SUM aggregate function is used to calculate the totals of the EXTENDED_PRICE values. The cube builder selects the SUM function by default. You can, however, select a different function to apply to a summary field by selecting the measure, then choosing Edit.
10. Choose Data Explorer. Under the first group in the Sales cube, drag STATE and drop it in the cross-tab area that displays Drop data field(s) to define rows here.
11. From the Sales cube, under Group1, drag PRODUCTLINE and drop it in the cross-tab area that displays Drop data field(s) to define columns here.
12. From the Sales cube, under Summary Field, drag EXTENDED_PRICE and drop it in the cross-tab area that displays Drop data field(s) to be summarized here.
13. Choose Preview to preview the cross tab output.
Thanks for reading!